Arno is an Associate in the International Arbitration team. He acts as Counsel, Secretary of the Tribunal,
and Assistant to the Tribunal in complex international commercial and investment arbitrations. An expert
in public international law, Arno has extensive experience navigating the interplay between international
law, geopolitics, and arbitration. He handles matters under a wide variety of institutional rules, in an array
of different jurisdictions, and spanning several industry sectors.
Arno obtained an LL.M. degree from the University of Chicago Law School. Prior to joining the firm, he
held positions at the International Criminal Court, Lawyers Without Borders, an international law firm in
London, and a boutique firm in Brussels. He currently serves as a member of the Young International
Council for Commercial Arbitration, the Institute for Transnational Arbitration, and the Council on
International Law and Politics.
Recent Experience and Landmark cases
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) – High honors – The University of Chicago Law School – Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Laws and Economics, Master of Laws – The University of Leuven – Leuven, Belgium
- Academic Internship Program – The Washington Center – Washington, DC (2018)
- Exchange Program – The University of Adelaide – Adelaide, Australia (2017)
- A. Janssens, International Arbitration in a New York Minute: UNCITRAL’s 2021 Expedited Arbitration Rules, CEPANI Newsletter, 2021 (150), 5.
- B. Hanotiau, I. Raynaud, A. Janssens, Panorama: Belgique, Paris Journal of International Arbitration, 2022 (1), 95.
- A. Janssens, T. Vijra, Bank Saderat, Bank Melli v the Kingdom of Bahrain: Case Report, TDM 2022, 6.
- A. Janssens, A. Khaliss, Kimberly-Clark Dutch Holdings v Venezuela: Case Report, TDM 2022, 3.
- English – Fluent
- Dutch – Native
- French – Fluent
- Modern Standard Arabic – Basic