Jean-Michel started in private practice over 25 years ago as an international trade, insurance, and shipping lawyer and has been practicing in the UAE for the last 17 years.
Although Jean-Michel specializes in various segments including academia, aviation, culture, defense, industry, logistics, oil and gas, transport, retail and utilities, corporate and commercial, insurance, shipping and trade dispute resolution, he is also involved in contentious and non-contentious matters with the ability to provide legal strategies and tailor-made corporate and commercial solutions.
His clients range from governments to listed companies and SMEs, and he assists clients in projects, commercial agreements, distribution and representation contracts, corporate arrangements and joint-ventures, offsets, insurance and a broad range of dispute resolution matters.
Through experience in structuring in-house legal functions for clients or auditing clients’ legal risk management, he has an integral understanding of client’s needs that enable him to provide practical and timely solutions.
“In a rapidly moving business environment, I prioritize both time efficiency and customized solutions, avoiding the delivery of generic boilerplate approaches.” – Jean Michel
Prior to joining Al Aidarous, Jean-Michel worked at HBM Partners (former Honig Buffat Mettetal – HPMBC) and Clyde & Co in France and the UAE.
- Advising 1st tier foreign brands on structuring of local joint ventures luxury F&B projects
- Advising defense contractors in relation to industrial and offset projects
- Advising three foreign Higher Education Institutions operating in the UAE
- Advising foreign parties in relations with landmark acquisitions in the UAE Product Liability, Aviation, AED 46 million
- Advocate (French Bar)
- Three straits and the law, Etudes Marines, No19, 2021
- Is legal isolation of seasteaders possible? ADMO, tome XXXVI, 2018
- Middle East perspective on damage and penalty clauses, Law and Logistics the Way forward, Antwerp 2017
- The legal framework of logistics and maritime activities in the UAE, Djiboutu Symposiuum, L’Harmattan, 2015
- French Maritime Law association
- Forwarderlaw.com regional editor
- Registered in France as an Advocate
- Registered in the UAE as a Legal Consultant
- French – Fluent
- English – Fluent