Myriam Simon is a Partner at ALAIDAROUS Advocates and Legal Consultants with more than decade of professional experience in the UAE. Myriam obtained her Bachelor and Master of Private Law, Master of International Law and Diploma of Criminology and Penal Codes in France.
Myriam is an accomplished lawyer with a practice area that includes Civil, Commercial, Corporate, Real Estate and Construction law, Corporate restructuring, Hospitality industry and cross-border transactions.
Qualifications and Professional Bodies
- Member of International Law Society
- Member of European Criminal Law Association
- Member of INTA
- Master of International Law, Université Toulouse I France
- Master of Private Law, Université Toulouse, France
- Bachelor of Private Law, Université Toulouse, France
- Diploma of Criminology and Penal Codes, Crime Institute of Toulouse France
- French – Native
- English – Fluent
- Spanish – Basic
- Before joining ALAIDAROUS, Myriam worked with a reputable law firm in Dubai then moved to Sydney, Australia, where she gained cross borders experience as a corporate counsel for an international group.
- Counsel on behalf of a hospitality group in a business involving an international branding licensing in the value of Euro 6 million.
- Acted as counsel on behalf of employer in a construction dispute over AED 100 million
- Counsel in high profile intellectual property dispute over international French TM.
- Counsel on behalf of a hospitality group involving luxurious hotels in UAE.
- Assisting the lead counsel in representing the employer in an insurance construction dispute in the region of AED 800 million.
- Counsel in high profile entertainment event in the value of US$ 15 million.
- Counsel in high profile crypto currency ownership dispute over AED 500 million.
- Acted as co-counsel in a cross-border VAT fraud case over Euro 12 million.
- Acted as counsel in recognition enforcement of local and foreign arbitration awards.
- Acted as co-counsel on behalf of a prominent UAE national in aircraft catering business activities.
- Acted as counsel on behalf of a prominent UAE national in corporate structuring in Abu Dhabi.
- Acted as co-counsel in counterfeited tobacco dispute in the region of AED 33 million.
Myriam is highly experienced in UAE transactional matters, consultation in litigation, legal guidance in identification of potential risk factors related to the company’s practices and strategic business and has particular focus on complex high -value dispute involving cross border dispute.