Niel is Partner at Al Aidarous. He qualified as a lawyer in South Africa and has lived and worked
in the GCC since 2015. He focuses his practice on engineering and construction law and dispute
resolution. Niel provides clients guidance and continuous support throughout various stages of
projects, including procurement and contract drafting, claims formulation and management,
contract administration and dispute resolution.
Throughout his tenure in Dubai and Qatar, Niel has advised clients on various engineering and
infrastructure projects in the GCC region, including roads, hospitals, airports, mixed-use
development projects, freezones and logistics parks.
Qualifications and Professional Bodies
Recent experience and landmark cases
- Provided advice to clients regarding a Public Private Partnership involving the
construction of eight schools.
- Advised a client in a dispute concerning the manufacturing and installation of piping
works in a polysilicone refinery.
- Key projects in the Qatar Economic Free Zones, which include the airport logistics zone
and the Umm Al Houl port project.
- An exceptionally complex construction-related project which encompasses broadcasting
and IT (hardware and software) elements.
- Law Society of the Northern Provinces, (LSNP) South Africa
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (University of South Africa)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com) (Business Management) (University of Johannesburg)
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
English – Fluent
Afrikaans – Native