Shireen Fazal is a Partner at ALAIDAROUS Advocates and Legal Consultants with more than 20 years of professional experience in the UAE. She specializes in resolution of complex and high value construction and real estate development disputes through arbitration under various national and international arbitration institutions, litigation and settlement. With her detailed knowledge of UAE law, she regularly advises clients on claims and defence strategy both in arbitration and local court litigation.
Qualifications and Professional Bodies
- Bachelor of Laws Faculty of Law, University of Delhi – Delhi, India
- English – Fluent
Hindi/Urdu – Proficient
Shireen specializes in Arbitration and Corporate Litigation Consultations and legal advice
- Counsel on behalf of a leading business family in the UAE in a claim involving the construction of a hotel and hotel apartments circa AED 300 million.
- Counsel on behalf of the Dubai branch of a major Saudi construction company in a claim valuing circa AED 30 million involving the construction of a power station in Dubai under the ICC Rules.
- Counsel on behalf of a prominent UAE businessman in a construction claim circa AED 40 million involving commercial & residential towers and hotel under the DIAC Rules.
- Acted as counsel in a major construction claim exceeding AED 400 Million under the DIAC Rules.
- Acted as counsel in a real estate development claim of AED 30 million involving a major real estate development company in UAE.
- Acted as counsel in a case involving a conflict of jurisdiction between the DIFC, and Dubai Courts between a major international bank and a leading UAE based company.
- Acted as counsel in a contracting claim involving a leading international toy retailer under the DIAC Rules.