Head of Litigation
Waleed is the Head of Litigation at ALAIDAROUS Advocates & Legal Consultants. He obtained his law degree from El Monofia University in Egypt. He also has a Master’s Degree in Private Law from Tanta University (2007) & Diploma in Sharia from Tanta University (2002).
His practice areas include civil, commercial, company, banking and finance law, real estate and construction law. In addition, it includes recognition enforcement of foreign judgments & arbitral awards and besides the above role, Waleed has been appointed as sole arbitrator in several commercial disputes.
Qualifications and Professional Bodies
- Member in the Egyptian Bar Association
- Court of Cassation
- Bachelor in Law – El Monofia University (Egypt) 1996-1999
- Diploma in Islamic Shariaa – Tanata University (Egypt) 2001-2002
- Diploma in Private Law – Tanata University (Egypt) 2006-2007
- Master’s Degree in Private Law – Tanata University (Egypt) 2007
- Arabic –Native
- English – Good
- Long term career in Litigation throughout the UAE.
- He has acted in many complex disputes before all levels and types of federal and local courts in the UAE inter alia
- Challenging arbitration award of AED 1.3 billion
- Complex banking dispute over AED 600 million
- Construction case involving mega project in UAE for dispute over AED 500 million
- Maritime dispute for over AED 100 million
- Insurance dispute for more than AED 200 million
- Real Estate Case for claim over AED 500 million
- Shareholders dispute for more than AED 100 million
- Commercial dispute related to aircraft manufacturing liability for AED 40 million
- Complex Employment dispute for AED 5 million
Recognition enforcement of foreign judgments & arbitral awards
- Besides the above role, Waleed has been appointed as sole arbitrator in several commercial disputes.
Waleed specializes in complex litigation disputes in a broad range of sectors, with particular specialty in complex commercial disputes, construction and development disputes (for both developers and contractors) and hospitality disputes (for both owners and operators).